Happin is a livestreaming platform that places its users at the front row of their favourite concert. Created by artists and music industry professionals, Happin aims to increase revenue drivers for artists, while facilitating a more fun and engaging streaming experience for fans. Fan's have the chance to interact with their favourite artists through Q&A, VIP meet and greets, virtual gifting, song requests, and merchandise. We want to ensure fans aren't missing out on memorable moments with artists around the world. Be there from anywhere. We make it Happin.
Happin is looking to add a Product Manager to its small but mighty team. As we expand our business, we are looking for someone who understands the tech and entertainment livestream landscape and how to adapt to fast-pace advancements within the field.
- Curate Happin’s product roadmap with management, including prioritizing/ grooming product backlog and setting timelines for delivery
- Develop exceptional knowledge of our software product and its inner workings
- Work with internal product owners, partners & customers to develop robust, simple solutions to our customers' business challenges
- Understand and synthesize data to make informed decisions and monitor performance data
- Define product requirements and manage the overall schedule of a project to deliver features on time with high quality
- Drive a culture of quality, customer-centricity, scalability, and reliability
- Build relationships with our customers - and keep tabs on our competitors - to ensure we’re releasing features and functions that maximize improvement in our clients’ businesses
Candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years of experience working in either new media or software product development
- Keen eye for simple, well-designed user interfaces that work intuitively for our clients
- Ability to think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver quick results
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and implement ideas in a changing environment
- Experience with QA automation teams and projects
- Work with the larger cross-functional team to define the product strategy, business strategy, operation plan and detailed roadmap
- Communicate status and priorities to executives, partner teams, and the initiative team
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and project management
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. A portfolio and example of previous work is welcomed but not required.